A hernia that appears at the site of a previous surgery is known as a ventral or incisional hernia. These hernias can appear weeks, months, or even years after surgery and can vary in size from small to very large and complex. If you think you have a ventral hernia, it's important to see your doctor because it may become extremely difficult to repair. Ethicon creates many innovative mesh products that your surgeon can choose from to repair your ventral hernia.
ETHICON PHYSIOMESH® Flexible Composite Mesh
Physiologically designed for Strong and Comfortable Healing1-4
- Mesh stretches to closely match the abdominal wall1,3,4
- Large pore mesh allows for excellent parietal tissue integration4,6,7,†
- Thin filament, large pore designs provide for a flexible scar mesh that is compliant with the abdominal wall2,4-6,†
PROCEED® Surgical Mesh
Heal more naturally. Heal strongly.
PROCEED Mesh is a multi-layered, tissue-separating mesh for tension-free and laparoscopic ventral hernia repair.
- Designed for patient comfort8
- Low recurrence rates9,10
ULTRAPRO® Partially Absorbable Lightweight Mesh
ULTRAPRO Mesh was the first partially absorbable mesh available in the US. In an evolution toward more lightweight and absorbable materials, ULTRAPRO Mesh leads the way.
- Designed for increased patient comfort and flexibility2,11
FlexHD® STRUCTURAL Acellular Hydrated Dermis+
Tissue that supports natural healing.12
Through an alliance with Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF), Ethicon is proud to bring you FlexHD® STRUCTURAL Acellular Hydrated Dermis. This acellular dermal matrix is derived from donated human tissue. This kind of tissue graft is often used in complicated ventral hernia repairs.
- Natural like native tissue
- A natural breakthrough for surgeons and patients