Your doctor can answer many questions about hernia repair surgery, but do you know what to ask? Here is a helpful list of questions that you can bring to your consultation with your doctor.
- What type of hernia do I have?
- What kind of surgery do you recommend and why?
- What is your experience with the recommended surgery?
- What are the risks and side effects of this surgery?
- What is the anticipated outcome?
- What are my options for anesthesia?
- Will my surgery require a hospital stay?
- How will I feel after surgery?
- Will I need pain medication?
- How much time should I allow for recovery?
- What kind of incision will I have?
- How should I care for my incision after surgery?
- When will I see you for follow-up care after surgery?
- Is there a chance my hernia will
- When will I be able to return to my normal activities or to work?
- Will my medical insurance cover all charges from you and the hospital?